An excerpt from “Got Questions” entitled, “What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ?” states:
“1) It signaled the end of His earthly ministry. God the Father had lovingly sent His Son into the world at Bethlehem, and now the Son was returning to the Father. The period of human limitation was at an end.
2) It signified success in His earthly work. All that He had come to do, He had accomplished.
3) It marked the return of His heavenly glory. Jesus’ glory had been veiled during His sojourn on earth, with one brief exception at the Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-9).
4) It symbolized His exaltation by the Father (Ephesians 1:20-23). The One with whom the Father is well pleased (Matthew 17:5) was received up in honor and given a name above all names (Philippians 2:9).
5) It allowed Him to prepare a place for us (John 14:2).
7) It set the pattern for His return. When Jesus comes to set up the Kingdom, He will return just as He left-literally, bodily, and visibly in the clouds (Acts 1:11; Daniel 7:13-14; Matthew 24:30; Revelation 1:7).” The article may be viewed at: What is the meaning and importance of the ascension of Jesus Christ? | GotQuestions.org [Reflection is based on the Bible Reference – Ephesians 4:9]
Application: “As Christians today we can be excited for the coming of Christ. Because He is alive, as He promised He would be, we know that He is accomplishing His purpose laid out in John 14:1-7” [Source: https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/ascension-of-jesus-bible-story-and-significance