An excerpt from "Bible.org" entitled, "Lesson 19: The Christian Growth Process (Philippians 3:12-16)" lists several factors in the process of Christian growth:
1. To grow as a Christian you've got to be in the race.
2. To grow as a Christian, you've got to have the proper attitude.
A. The long quail attitude: Christian growth is a lifelong process.
B. The "Not-Having-Arrived" attitude: Christian growth requires always moving ahead.
(1) An attitude of moving ahead from the past: Leave it there!
(2) An attitude of moving ahead toward the future: Aim for the goal!
(3) An attitude of moving ahead in the present: Keep moving!
3. To grow as a Christian, you've got to give it the proper effort.
This article may be viewed at: Lesson19: The Christian growth process (Philippians 3:12-16)/bible.org
Reference: Philippians 1:6